Sinus Infections and Sinusitis – Exploring Homeopathy
Sinuses are hollow cavities in the skull. Sinusitis, also known as sinus infection, is caused due to the inflammation of sinuses within the passages of the nose. Homeopathy for sinus infections and sinusitis is the surest way to ensure the healing of these inflammations in a natural and safe manner.
The inflammation of sinuses may develop into bacterial infections. These infections are not contagious but early treatment will prevent secondary bacterial sinus infections.
Homeopathy for sinus infections
and sinusitis would ensure safe and preventative healing.
Homeopathy has long-lasting benefits. These natural remedies promise quick solutions to inflammations in nasal cavities. A good homeopathic doctor would prescribe only the most holistic treatment for a particular individual.
Recommended reading: Effective Diabetic Treatment in Homeopathy
Causes of sinus infections
Following are some of the causes of sinusitis –
- Infection of the nose or throat. These may block the drainage of mucus. Such infections may be viral, bacterial, or fungal
- Swelling of the lining of the nose caused due to allergens, also known as allergic rhinitis
- Nasal polyps, soft and painless growths lining the sinuses
- A shift in the nasal cavity known as a deviated septum
- Immune system deficiencies of medications that suppress the immune system
Infections and smoking are two of the leading causes of sinusitis among adults.
Recommended reading: Best Treatment for Migraine
Following are some reasons why children are likely to contract sinusitis –
Homeopathy for sinus infections and sinusitis would be a suitable option for children, as it is a gentle form of healing. This form of natural clearing of the sinuses will encourage their immune systems to start working efficiently again.
Symptoms of sinus infections
Sinus infections typically set about with a runny nose, occasional cough, or mild fever. These last for about 7-10 days. It gradually progresses into pressure along with pain in the sinus cavities. However, since this is a recurring condition, homeopathy for sinus infections and sinusitis would be beneficial in reducing the likelihood of it occurring so often.
Recommended reading: Nasal Polyps Treatment in Homeopathy
Following are some of the symptoms noticed in sinus infections –
- Nasal congestion causes breathing to become difficult. This occurs with both infectious and non-infectious sinusitis.
- Postnasal drip is an overflow of mucus from sinusitis that reaches the throat and irritates the tissue there.
- Coughing is an attempt to clear the irritants in the throat
- Fever may develop due to the swelling of sinus tissues and infection
- The area around the eyes, nose, cheeks, and forehead might feel swollen and tender
- Thick and discolored discharge from the nose, often seen in bacterial sinus infections
- Reduced sense of smell and taste
- Intense headaches because of pressure in the blocked sinuses
Some other signs may include –
- Ear pain
- Bad breath
- Coughing or clearing of the throat
- Sore throat
- An ache in the upper jaw and teeth
Sinusitis reduces the efficiency of performing everyday activities. Venturing into the world of homeopathy for sinus infections and sinusitis will essentially ensure that your daily tasks get done smoothly. A cost-effective and harmless treatment, homeopathy promises a reduction of sinus infection symptoms.
Homeopathy for sinus infections and sinusitis
Following are some ways in which homeopathy may treat sinusitis –
- Treats pain between eyes, reduces nasal discharge
- Treats thick, green, foul-smelling nasal discharge
- Helps alleviate nausea and indigestion
- Treats chronic congestion accompanied by head pain
- Relieving stuffy nose, headaches, and fever
Homeopathy for sinus infections and sinusitis also aims to alleviate the chronic aspect of this condition. This involves altering the sensitive nature of the immune system itself, to better protect it against allergens. The allergens that caused the reactions and lead to sinusitis in the first place.
Thus, the goal of homeopathic science is to eliminate the problem at its root. This is an effective solution to the problem caused by sinusitis in our daily lives. It is encouraged that you seek a doctor that specialises in homeopathy for sinus infections and sinusitis, that will inculcate these values.