Constipation is infrequent bowel movements or difficult passage of stools that persists for several weeks or longer. The stool can be hard and dry. Sometimes it is painful to pass. At one time or another, almost everyone gets constipated. In most cases, it lasts a short time and is not serious.
Symptoms of constipation
Each person’s bowel habits are different. Some people go three times a day, while others go three times a week.
However, you may be constipated if you experience the following symptoms:
- fewer than three bowel movements a week
- passing lumpy, hard, or dry stools
- straining or pain during bowel movements
- a feeling of fullness, even after having a bowel movement
Some causes of constipation include:
- Changes to what you eat or your activities
- Not enough water or fibre in your diet
- Eating a lot of dairy products
- Not being active
- Resisting the urge to poop
- Overuse of laxatives
- Some medications (especially strong pain drugs such as narcotics, antidepressants, and iron pills)
- Antacid medicines that have calcium or aluminium
- Eating disorder
- Problems with the nerves and muscles in your digestive system
- Colon cancer
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease or multiple sclerosis
- An underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism)
- Excess calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia) due to overactive parathyroid glands, medications, cancer (lung, breast, multiple myeloma),
Is homeopathy effective for constipation?
Homeopathic remedies can also help the body work efficiently. Longstanding case of constipation, or those with great discomfort, may be best addressed with a constitutional remedy.
What are the best homeopathic medicines for constipation?
Homeopathy is a holistic, nontoxic system of medicine that is individualized to your symptoms. Numerous homeopathic remedies exist for constipation.
|Alumina||Colic with constipation||In open air and
after cool wash
|In morning and warm room|
|Hydrastis||Sore feeling in
|Warm covering||At night|
|Nux vom||Very irritable, nausea in morning and after eating. Flatulence||After sleep||In morning|
|Plumbum met||After physical exertion||After physical
to pressure. Itching
and burning of
anus. Loss of
|In open air and
|At night and in bed|
None of the medicines mentioned including services, at homeoclinicbydrnanda.com should be used with clearance from your physician or healthcare provider. We do not claim to cure any disease which is considered ‘incurable’ on the basis of scientific facts by modern medicine. The website’s content is not a substitute for direct, personal, professional medical care and diagnosis.