Homeopathy: The Best Treatment for Migraine Headaches
A migraine is a form of headache that causes severe pain or throbbing feeling. These are usually recurring in nature and may last for hours or days. Some accompanied sensations are vomiting, nausea, and sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine headaches may be so draining that they interfere with your daily activities.
Best treatment for migraine headaches
is to alleviate these symptoms harmlessly and that can be done through homeopathy.
Homeopathy helps ease the symptoms of this condition. The holistic approach of this method helps to alleviate the overwhelming sensations caused by this problem.
Migraines affect people of all ages and homeopathy has customized solutions for all body constitutions. The lack of side effects in this type of medication is a much-needed relief from the exhaustion caused by migraines.
Recommended reading: Improvement of Weak Vision Through Homeopathy
Experts do not understand the exact causes of migraines yet. However, genetics and environment seem to play a role in this condition.
Sudden changes in the brain may affect the way certain nerves communicate or imbalances in the chemicals in the brain may contribute to its development. Homeopathy is the best treatment for migraine headaches as it helps in effectively regulating hormones.
Some triggers for migraines may include the following –
- Hormonal changes in women: Around the time of menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause the fluctuations in estrogen may cause headaches.
- Emotional triggers: Stress, anxiety, the sudden shift of mood from depression to euphoria, excessive crying are all possible emotional reasons for migraines. The lack of sleep or too much sleep may also be a cause.
- Diet: Alcohol, too much caffeine, and processed foods that contain the additive tyramine should be avoided to keep migraines at bay.
- Medications: Oral contraceptives or sleeping pills among more may lead to headaches. Such side effects do not occur in homeopathy, which is why it is the best treatment for migraine headaches.
- Environmental stimuli: Sudden brightness, flashing lights, loud sounds, strong smells, and second-hand smoke may trigger migraines in some people.
Recommended reading: Homeopathic Treatment For Hair Fall
Following are the symptoms which occur during the four stages of migraines –
Occurs 1-2 days prior to a migraine. This phase refers to subtle changes in the body such as the following –
- Mood changes
- Increased urination or yawning
- Retention of fluid
These are mostly visual disturbances that usually occur before migraines. They build in intensity gradually and may last up to 60 minutes. Following are some examples of migraine auras –
- Seeing various shapes, bright spots of light, or flashes
- Loss of vision
- The sensation of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- On side of the face or body may experience weakness or numbness
- Speech difficulties
Recommended reading: 3 Yoga Asanas best for weight loss?
If left untreated, a migraine attack may last from 4 to 72 hours. The severity is dependant on the person, hence the best treatment for migraine headaches is homeopathy because of its focus on personalized care.
Following are some symptoms that may occur during a migraine –
- Pain may occur on one or often both sides of the head
- Throbbing or pulsating pain
- Hypersensitivity to light sounds and even touch or smell
Post-attack feelings are usually confusion, exhaustion, and sometimes elation. Jerking your head might trigger the pain again for a short time.
Homeopathic Treatment for Migraine
As the best treatment for migraine headaches, homeopathy ensures a positive return to daily routine after an episode of migraine. Following are some ways by which homeopathy treats migraines –
- Relieves headaches and sensitivity to noise and light
- Treats nausea and dry mouth
- Treats migraines with a blurry vision and burning feeling in the throat
- Helps migraines that occur due to hormonal changes
Homeopathy has specific treatments for the particular needs of an individual. A good homeopathic doctor will take your history and prescribe remedies based on events that led up to migraine headaches. It caters to all areas of the body and that is why homeopathy is the best treatment for migraines headaches.