Upto 6 Months
By the age of 6 months, a parent should check for the following symptoms and in case of lacking criteria, one should immediately seek advice from a pediatrician.
- Observe if the child sits alone for a short period.
- Observe if the child produces vowel sound and babbling speech or baby speech.
- Observe if the child transfers objects from one hand to another.
- Observe if the child recognises the mother or the caretaker.
- Observe if the child shows any distress if and when held by a stranger.
- Observe the child for any signs of squint; a condition of disability in both the eyes moving together.
- Place a pellet or toy on the table and observe if the Baby reaches for it.