Upto 5 Years
By the age of 5 years, a parent should check for the following symptoms and in case of lacking criteria, one should immediately seek advice from a pediatrician.
- Observe if the child can hop on the foot thrice and throw a ball above the head.
- Observe if the child can identify the basic colors like red, blue, white, black and secondary colors like orange, grey, brown etc.
- Observe if the child can identify objects of different lengths; the difference in lengths of two similar pencils, copy triangles and diamond shapes etc.
- Observe the vision and examine if the child addresses any blurry vision. EYE CHART should be used if defective vision is suspected and parents should immediately consult an ophthalmologist.
- Observe if the child has a hearing problem. In case of a hearing disorder, PURE-TONE AUDIOMETRY Test is recommended.