Upto 18 Months
By the age of 18 months, a parent should check for the following symptoms and in case of lacking criteria, one should immediately seek advice from a pediatrician.
- Observe if the child sits by itself in a chair.
- Observe if the child builds a tower of 3 to 4 cubes.
- Observe if the child walks up and down the stairs with support.
- Make sure that you are brushing your child’s teeth every day.
- Observe if the child’s behavior is normal.
- Place a thread or small pellet (smaller than used for 6 months) on the table and observe if the child picks it up.
- Take a test where one person distracts the child’s attention while the other makes sound with a rattle on both sides alternately above and below at 3-6 feet behind at the infant’s ear level. Now observe in the child turns head towards the sound.